If you're a regular commuter to Los Angeles' West Side, you probably already know about regular morning and afternoon closures scheduled for the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project, but did you know President Barack Obama arrives in L.A. Friday?
The president is scheduled to speak at a luncheon fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee in Santa Monica and traffic could get even uglier than usual.
City Councilman Bill Rosendahl said the Los Angeles Police Department issued an alert Thursday about the potential traffic delays and to avoid these areas. Rosendahl is urging his constituents to plan ahead and map out a different route before heading to their destinations.
agencies are working together to ensure the least amount of disruption
possible during the president's visit to Los Angeles," Rosendahl said.
- Sepulveda Bl northbound 2 lane closed from recreation center to GSA Building.
- Sepulveda Bl southbound 2 lane closed near Wilshire Bl.
- Sepulveda Bl reduced to one lane each direction near Constitution Av.
- Sepulveda Bl northbound 2 lane closed from Sepulveda Wy to Moraga Dr.
- Sepulveda Bl southbound 2 lane closed from Moraga to Montana.
- Sepulveda Bl reduced to one lane each direction from Getty Center to Moraga Dr, 9 to 11 a.m. Sepulveda Bl southbound 2 lane closed near Moraga Dr.
- Sunset Wy cul-de-sac closed at Sunset Bl, 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Northbound off-ramp to Moraga Dr closed.
- Northbound on-ramp from Moraga Dr closed 9 to 11 a.m.
- Southbound on-ramp from Valley Vista closed 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Northbound off-ramp to Skirball Center Dr closed.